This Page

has been moved to new address

Pulling a grounded ship and other exercises in futility....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: Pulling a grounded ship and other exercises in futility....

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pulling a grounded ship and other exercises in futility....

Ever watch the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? I watch them as often as I can... I love 'em. I'm a Johnny Depp stan. Even if he does look like he might have questionable bathing habits with a resultant unique personal odor, I will still watch any movie he's in. And if you disagree with me, you're wrong, that's all. I won't hold it against you though.

You know the scene in World's End where Jack is trynna pull the ship across the salt flat desert? He's pulling as hard as he can, in his delusional state, thinking he can make it move.



Yeah....


<<------------
This scene!

This scene is a nearly perfect analogy for certain things in my life.
It is the ultimate exercise in futility.




Ok, nevermind the lil' stone/crab critters that eventually come to his aid... I know the ship eventually moved, but it wasn't coz Jack's crazy ass was pulling it! In fact, by the time the crabs came to bail him out, he had collapsed from the futility of trying to pull a landlocked ship along salt flats! It wore his loony self right out. Alright, alright..... so it was the whole shock of the rock being a crab thing that made him pass out... whatever. Jeez, you're argumentative tonite!

Anyhoo... as I sit here, stressing about stuff that I think is unfair at the workjob, or injustices in the world, or the fact that try as I might to change certain things at home, they just seem to stay the same.... I feel like Captain Jack pulling the hell outta that rope. Putting all this effort into a task that is just not do-able. Getting, well... nowhere fast, and exhausting myself in the process.

So, if y'all don't mind, I'm gonna let that rope go, and hang out 'til the crabs arrive. Or some such a thing...
You know what I mean.







This one is another of my favorite Captain Jack moments... "Well tha's ev'n more than less than unhelpful..."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home