This Page

has been moved to new address

I really do have a point, here...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: I really do have a point, here...

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I really do have a point, here...

Sometime this past spring, it occurred to me it would be a good idea to take summer semester classes. We won't get into the folly of that thought, or the fact that I clearly need more people, as we have covered that ground already....

Skip to the point where I say that my computer science class has been the bane of my existence. Yes. The bane of my existence... for reals. It isn't hard, just busyworks me to death!!

Here's a brief synopsis of my current frustration... we were assigned to write two papers.  First one was to address how computers figure into my chosen major--nursing (and if you didn't know that, well, you are either new or slow...). First paper done, no prob.  On to second paper... topic: choose an IT career that you would be interested in, write all about the requirements, duties, salary, job forecast, and why you chose that career... la di da...

I chose the career website design/development, or as our TEXT refers to it... Webmaster! I turn in my topic paragraph and get told that this is not an IT career, but a career that uses computers.


You had to know this was coming....

WTF???


I said it... I made the face... I felt the sheer confusion and dismay...

Then I decided to go all the way in!!





First, however, I gathered all of my Facts & Examples (shout to O Hell Nawl)....



Exhibit A
Taken directly from the index of the text book... Computing Essentials Complete 2010, O'Leary and O'Leary














There it is, plainly, webmaster, page 49.


Exhibit B
Heading and beginning paragraph from said page 49....










And finally.... Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury.....



Exhibit C
Smiling Webmaster Guy
who loves his gatdambed
IT job!!!
(On page 49)

I sent a sternly, but respectfully, worded email to the instructor and presented my case.  Two days ago, mind you. I have yet to get a response, but I noticed on my grades that my points have been changed from 0/5 to 5/5 on my topic choice. And while I am gratified that apparently my topic choice is going to be allowed, methinks that the lack of response to the email smacks of .......

Yeah... let me censor myself. The semester ain't over yet.... but you know where I was going with that, don't you? That's why I luv y'all.... you really get me!


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Felicia said...

You go Amy May! Your instructor is scary.

July 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger amymay said...

She's definitely a piece of work...

July 17, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home