This Page

has been moved to new address

I should be doing homework....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: I should be doing homework....

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I should be doing homework....


...and isn't that a pitiful thing to be saying on a Saturday night??? But it's true. And that makes me feel profoundly irritable!!  Mr. Man is off to do his DJ thing in Sikeston, the kiddo is at a swimming party, and all I can think is, "Awesome! The house is quiet. Maybe I can get that last spreadsheet done for my computer science class, and then I can start on the next module..." My next thought is, "Wow... what a nerd I am!"

Which is probably why Rebellious Me has taken control and is writing a blog post instead of crunching make believe data for a pretend travel agency into an Excel spreadsheet.  I could be wrong, but nah... that's why.

And I haven't even anything worthwhile to blog about.  My brain, which I normally engage for foolery and ratchetness,  is otherwise engaged with scholastic minutiae.  My wit has been subjugated to theory and evidence based practice.  I am thinking in terms of APA format.  I caught myself starting to add citations and references to my mother lovin' gchat, for crying out loud!  It's gonna be a long two years.  And the kicker, if I could somehow stop sleeping and eating altogether, and find a way to manage a full time class load, I'd be done this time next year.  Done, dammit!!  But I'm too old to get down like that anymore.

Speaking of gchat, if it weren't for Alise randomly popping up on my screen as I worked, I would probably have come unwound already.  Thank you, Sis, for saving my insanity. (Yes, insanity.)

Well, Practical Me is taking over again.  She says that since we like sleep and plan to do that at some point tonight, we must get back to the homework.  By the way, the picture has nothing to do with the post, it just amused the mess out of me.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Naturally Alise said...

Glad to be of service, no mater how ignant the capacity...

July 13, 2010 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger amymay said...

Alice, you are the wind beneath my wings, or some shxt....

August 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home