This Page

has been moved to new address

If you didn't wanna know, why did you ask???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: If you didn't wanna know, why did you ask???

Monday, February 23, 2009

If you didn't wanna know, why did you ask???


It irritates the living hell outta me when the people occupying my space ask me for advice or an opinion and then go on to completely dismiss whatever position I happen to take.  Now, I know, for the most part, when that happens, the person involved usually has her/his mind made up before hand and is simply looking for someone to cosign.  I get it.  But if that's what you're looking for, I am not the one.  Coz Imma tell ya what I really think, and Good Lord help ya if it blows up in ya face, coz Imma tell ya about yourself all over again when it does, with a big dose of "I TOLD you!"

See, I love to be right.  LOVE IT!!  I used to go to enormous lengths to prove how right I was, even if I wasn't.....I have made some progress toward humility and whatnot in recent years, but dayum...I still love to be right.  

So, when my fathead brother tells me he's interested in a new chick, shows me a pic of her online and she looks EXACTLY like his last two ex-wives, do you think I kept my mouth shut?  I did, until he asked the magic question, "Well, what do you think?"  Then, I let him have my honest opinion.  The following is the ensuing conversation.

me:  "I think you're remarkably consistent..."

fhb:  "But what do you think of her?"

me:  "What I said, you're consistent.  Haven't you married this same chick twice already?"

fhb:  "How do you know what she's like?"

me:  "I don't, but she LOOKS just like the last two.  Why you always looking to start up a new relationship anyway?  You haven't been by yourself more than a month since you knocked up Number 1 in highschool.  And you suck at this shit, man!! Let it alone!"

fhb:  "Wow. Ok.  Well...guess I'm gonna call her then..."

Five minutes of my life I will never have back.  

**The chick in the pic is NOT the chick in the blog...it's fhb's last girlfriend (she lasted an entire 6 months, whoa!).  She really looks nothing like wives #2 & #3.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Pretty Brown Girl said...

LMAO @ you telling your fhb that he sucks @ relationships and needs to let it go!

Common factor in each of his failed marriages: HIM.

He needs to spend sometime w/himself to fix whatever is causing him to keep on losing in this area. This is also why I think, as pretty as she is, Halle Berry is probably f*cked up. She is beautiful & can't keep a man? Yeah, OK. *_*

February 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home