This Page

has been moved to new address

It's a Mom thing I guess

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: It's a Mom thing I guess

Friday, February 20, 2009

It's a Mom thing I guess



So, my kid's been having some little health hiccups lately....not too serious really, just enough to make him intermittently pitiful.  And all moms know, when your kiddo is pitiful, your heart kinda melts a little.  This got me thinking about how fast he's growing up.  That got me thinking about when he was a baby.  

So, I just wanted to share one of my favorite memory of Eli's babyhood.

When he was just about 8 or 9 months old, he started pulling up on the rail of his crib and climbing out, so I had to make sure he was fast asleep before putting him in his bed.  The easiest and fastest way to do that was to hold him and put on music (Al Green, Let's Stay Together worked the best) and dance slowly until he dropped off.  I would put the song on repeat and just keep going til I felt him relax, his breath deepen and slow.  Then I'd keep it up for another five minutes or so, until I was pretty much sure he was out like a light.  I can remember the feel of his soft baby curls against my cheek and the baby shampoo and lotion smell.  This is one of the sweetest memories I have.

And now, I look at him asleep on the couch, and I'm thinking how I'm gonna hafta wake him up to get him to bed because he's gotten too big to carry.   

But he'll always be my baby!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Luvvie said...

AAAWWWW!! This post made my uterus twitch a lil. Then it stopped. lol

February 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home