This Page

has been moved to new address

Finding lost things...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: Finding lost things...

Friday, July 24, 2009

Finding lost things...

I love a good pun!!!


Misleading title. I didn't so much find a lost thing as much as a lost someone... I have a friend who's been MIA for about 3 or 4 years. The last time I saw her was during a really difficult time in my life. There was no falling out, no bad blood or anything like that. She and her hubby moved to Texas. Then there was a string of phone number changes, new jobs, new homes and deleted e-mail accounts that caused her to be MIA. I guess it was mutual MIA-ness.

Anyway, the power of Facebook strikes again... she found me! So I guess it's a totally misleading title. Sue me.

Tari was there through my pregnancy, my son's Christening, and my mom's final illness and funeral. She's a good egg, that Tari. Getting back in touch with her has been good for my soul! It has also spurred me to be really grateful for the new friends I have in my life now, and caused me to do some Jack Handey type deep thinking. (Yes, that is smoke you smell... )

Some random thoughts on friendships:

1. Some of the ppl I feel closest to lately are ppl I have never met in person, but I would still tag them with the "friend" stamp of approval. You know who you are!!

2. I'm a "click" kinda girl. When I get to know someone, I trust my gut... we either click or we don't.

3. Frequent contact is not necessarily a prerequisite for a friendship.

4. Shared interests are an awesome basis for friendships.

5. It is better to have a few close friends than a ton of random ppl sucking up your oxygen any day of the week.

6. Despite time and distance, a real friend is someone with whom you can just pick up where you left off the next time you're together.

Ok... that's it for my amateur philosophy. Leave a comment (I dare ya!) and let me know some of your random thoughts on friends and friendship.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger littlepretendnurse said...

AMEN! I agree. One of my closest friends has been in Utah for a number of years, my other best friend is as busy with her two kids as I am with work/school. If you put the three of us in a room together without a clock, we would never come out! Time ceases to exist it seems (or moves too quickly anyway).

As our lives change and rearrange, sometimes our friends do too. They were what we needed then (or maybe they needed us, or both we never know how God works) and as time has moved on and circumstances have changed our life paths seperate. This is not always bad or caused by a falling out. Life just happens, I have noticed however that we never lose those people in our hearts. The stamp that they left on our life will forever be remembered and will shine through. Years after we last spent time with that person we can still identify that little bit of ourselves that refers back to them. And when we see them again, our hearts will warm with the memory.
just my random 2 cents

July 27, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home