This Page

has been moved to new address

What's goin on people?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: What's goin on people?

Sunday, July 12, 2009

What's goin on people?

Casa AmyMay

Hey, everybody! It's been a little while since I posted, and other than work, I really don't have a good excuse. So sue me.

However, as I Tweet on Twitter, Fraternize on Facebook and Bombard on Blip, I find myself with "Blog Guilt." I feel I have neglected my poor little sliver of the internet world. I'm a bad mama. Still, Blog Guilt and all, I'm struggling with finding a topic. So, work with me, people. I'm not promising genius here, just a post.

Okay, my chosen topic....

The bathroom... or why I haven't finished a single project in this house for four years.

First, some back story...

My mom was really, really sick for the last years of her life. When she was at the point of needing a lung transplant, I was pregnant with my son, and about to be a single mom. At that time, my parents and I decided it would be mutually beneficial for me to move in with them. I was able to be there to care for Mom during her final illness, and she was able to have the peace of mind knowing I wasn't raising her grandson in Mt. Vernon. Well, my son was just over a year old when Mom died.

That's when I inherited my father.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but he makes me nuts! My mother was a much better woman than I will ever be. She put up with a lot, and I'm sure prevented many a disaster in her day by simply putting her foot down!

So what has this got to do with the bathroom, you ask?

Well, once I inherited Dad, I couldn't very well leave him all alone and pitiful. So when I decided to start saving for a house, it was with the understanding that Dad was coming too. And Dad has poor impulse control, so when one of the women at our church was talking about putting her house up for sale, I found myself signing papers before I really knew what hit me. I love my house. It's a nice house in a nice neighborhood in a nice town in a nice cornfield. But it's an older house, and as such, needs work from time to time. Like now, it needs either painted or siding... one or the other.

However.... I can't even let myself entertain the thought because of THE BATHROOM!!

The bathroom on the main floor is just the latest in the long line of stuff that has gotten started and never quite finished. Like the living room... new insulation, drywall and paint, but no baseboards, window/door trim or light fixture. Or the basement family room.... half tiled, half bare concrete. Or the pile of bricks by the driveway which have yet to turn into a walk way....
Poor impulse control. To use a golf analogy, Dad's great off the tee, but his short game sux.

That said, I shouldn't have fallen for the next proposition:

"Amy, if you peel that ugly ass wall paper in the bathroom, I'll sand the walls smooth enough to prime and paint."

But I did. And today, after 6 months of waiting, I realize....

If you want it done (regardless of right or wrong) do it yourself.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home