This Page

has been moved to new address

Just like riding a bicycle.....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: Just like riding a bicycle.....

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just like riding a bicycle.....


My only job used to be working at my "hometown hospital." Then I decided to strike out for the great unknown and started working at a hospital in a nearby town. When I made the move, I went from working mainly in the ER to working on a medical floor. From small hospital to medium hospital. From not so busy to running 12 hours straight. At the medium hospital, I also do infection control and prevention, which because I'm not quite right, just tickles me to no end. But after a while, I got to missing the ER and the people I used to work with and working in my own community. So, I started working at the old job again per diem. I now refer to it as my "spare job." I love my real job, and have no intention of leaving it, but I'm diggin' playing in the ER again.

And here's what I especially love about ER: beginning, middle, end. I find out what's wrong, work with the doctor to do what we can to fix it and then *shazam!* off my planet! There is a sense of completion in it, accomplishment, if you will. I was worried at first that I would have to relearn the routines and protocols, but after a couple of hours, it was like I never left! It was good to be back in the ER. And there wasn't even one stupid human trick to be found today! I love nursing!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home