This Page

has been moved to new address

C'mon, people... it's the freakin' INTERNET!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: C'mon, people... it's the freakin' INTERNET!!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

C'mon, people... it's the freakin' INTERNET!!

**see my note below the post



So I ran across this story about a blogger who called a model a skank. We are gonna forget for a minute that the model might be a whatever and the blogger is probably "one to talk." That's semantics.... We aren't gonna debate the morals and maturity of name calling. We aren't even going to talk about the First Amendment Issues swarming this story (Google gave her up after served a court order).

We are gonna talk common sense here for a hot second. Something which seems to be missing from the whole tale.

Let us begin with this premise, the internet is world wide. Now let us build on that, millions and millions of people have internet access at any given moment in time. Our next building block, once you put something out into the web, you just really can't get it back. And finally, most bloggers I know don't blog with the intention of others NOT reading their posts. I think for the most part, the stuff we don't want published probably finds its way into a personal journal. I'm just sayin'.....

So, common sense (which I keep getting reminded isn't all that common) would tell us that once you say some ol' mean ish about someone on the internet, it's out there for good. And millions upon millions of people may or may not read it. And chances are, it's gonna get back to the person about whom the ish was spoken. And they are probably gonna be pissed.

Ok, now First Amendment aside... coz I really don't wanna debate that... let's say you posted that ish anonymously (which ol' girl apparently did). My take on that is.... coward. If you have enough of an opinion to open your yap, stand behind it. Be woman (or man) enough to own that ish and take the consequences.

I'm not saying you can't say that you find another person's actions or character to be offensive. I'm not saying that you can't voice that opinion. Hell, if you can show that the chick you called a skank behaves skankily, that's not even slander or libel... it's truth. But don't hide behind anonymity throwing mud....

Because what goes around comes around. If you don't want your words attributed to you, keep that thought between your ears. Once anonymity is stripped away, who looks like the bigger fool?

And as for the chick who got called the skank.... Well? Is it time for a reality check? Or a check on your behavior? I dunno.... but I promise, if I ever feel the need to tell you about yourself, you won't catch me hiding out behind a pseudonym or any of that mess!

**this is a pic of the blogger in question, and just so that there are no misunderstandings, Yes, dear, I am saying that I find your method of blogging to be cowardly, in my humble opinion. Do not misconstrue this as support for the model, I just don't like the way you handled yourself... not that what I like/dislike has a damn thing to do with it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home