This Page

has been moved to new address

Boy did I learn my lesson.....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: Boy did I learn my lesson.....

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boy did I learn my lesson.....


So last nite, from work in the ER, during an exceedingly deceptive lull in the action, I post the following status on my Facebook "is at the ER wrkn ALL nite!"  using my crackberry.  

Well, my ePartner in ATHF tomfoolery, Alise, comments on my status... "no ATHF tonight??? noooooooooo...*wall slides*"

So, what do I do?  The little wheels in my head start to turnin' and smoke billows outta my ears as I hatch a genius (yeah, right) plot to MAKE IT HAPPEN!  I NEED my Meatwad fix!! (Alise is a Master Shake kinda girl).

So I Tweet my intentions!  "@naturallyalise as long as things don't get nuts here, I got my crackberry n a TV in the waiting room."

Key phrase being "as long as things don't get nuts here....."  ummmmmhmmmm.....  That's what I said.  I sure did.  In an ER, I said that.....

No sooner did I hit send than the ambulance toned out.  Hip fracture.  Next thru the door, a little case of kidney failure.  Then came the parade of sprains, coughs, toothaches (yea, toothaches) and paranoid moms with sniffle havin' babies.  

By the time we had the ER emptied out and there was peace in the valley once more, it was going on 3 am.  

So what did I learn?

1.  When it's "quiet" in the ER, it's a trick.
2.  Don't tempt the ER fates by Tweeting your intentions to watch ATHF....just do it!
3.  Sometimes, you gotta work at work.....  nuts.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Naturally Alise said...

Yeah, you were foiled my friend... and it was soooo funny last night, I hope you catch it... next time don't say nuffin'.... bc i missed you *pouts*

April 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger amymay said...

Alise--awww! i missed you too! and believe me, next time, i will keep my intentions unTweeted!

April 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home