This Page

has been moved to new address

I Don't Hafta!! So There!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
random and pressing details: I Don't Hafta!! So There!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Don't Hafta!! So There!!


Admittedly, I've been kinda stressed and angsty the last couple of weeks. Mostly revolving around some dysfunctional-since-the-dawn-of-time family stuff.... and trust me, I thought about putting all the involved parties on blast. I truly did. I thought about giving all 6 of my readers the full onslaught of my angst, chapter and verse.

Then I had a second thought. Which was this: what's the point? Will it change any of it? Nah. Will it even make me feel that much better? Ummmm.... nope. Is any of it likely to result in any humor or in any way produce a giggle? Not so much. Unless, of course, I get into my one aunt's Kabuki Theatre makeup and her non-existant eyebrows... and that's just likely to get mean. So, there is no redeeming social value to putting the fam on blast.

So what to do with the stress and angst?

Well, dear friends, I did the unthinkable. I engaged in some self-reflection. Yeah, I know. WTF? But you know what they say... whoever they are... if you can't change the situation, change yourself/your perspective/your reactions... allathatthere.

So... my conclusions? My conclusions/course of action were surprisingly kindergarten in nature. I came away with the following regarding my family, which I hope you find mildly entertaining/informative/useful. (I'm big on the forward slashes today, huh?)

1. You're not the boss of me! Just because you tell me you made plans doesn't obligate me to those plans. I'm a grown woman who can say, nicely, "I'm sorry. That won't work for me."

II. I don't wanna play dress up!! (and I won't, b/c You're not the boss of me!) I am too old to be playing games where I pretend to be someone you approve of... I am me, flaws n all. Take it or leave it.

C. Boys are goofy!! (and predictable) A good friend had some issues this week... I'm throwin' this one in for her. All is working out well on that front, tho, dear readers, so do not despair!

IV. I know you are, but what am I? Just b/c someone has an opinion about me, does not make that opinion written down as TRUTH.

6. Bullies suck! In the end, when you peel away the layers... the bullies are always really unhappy people underneath it all. They throw their weight around to feel some sort of control/power/superiority. But really they are just pitiful and sad.

So there you have it. My musings on life's current events, broken down kiddy style!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy
Love you and your writing. You go girl!!!! Enjoyed seeing Eli and Cliff yesterday at Mom's pool. Hang in their girl! And yes, this writing did get a laugh out of me. Of course I've always had a warped sense of humor.

September 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home